Saturday, August 3, 2013

Madame à Paris


Yes, Madame est à Paris once again, as our stay in London wound down to an end. Just a quick train trip over on the Eurostar, and we're in central Paris, ready to stroll. 

Thought I'd just share a few postcards from our visit....



Strolling through Montmartre watching the artists in the shadows of Sacré Coeur


Taking a sniff of the beautiful flowers displayed so beautifully on the pavement


Shopping at Galéries Lafayette for Guerlain


and Chanel


Red tables set up for lunch


Warm weather luring travelers and locals alike to eat outdoors


Finding little out of the way restaurants



and boutique hotels


Enjoying the gardens of the Louvre



Remembering to look up while standing in line for a lemon tart at the bakery Au Petit Versailles du Marais 


Checking out the love locks on the Pont de L'Archevêché behind Notre Dame cathedral


Making a detour to Ladurée



known for their delicious macarons


and whimsy


This time being allowed (shock!) to take a photo


of the interior. So much beauty!


Stopping by our "favorite apartment" on the Left Bank, where we dream of having a "pied-à-terre" someday


Cuteness all wrapped up in a little French dog


Sunset on the Place de la Concorde


where the sun and the water sprays


danced in harmony


Making this trip even more special was spending the day with a friend, as we each head separate ways from London. 

A Parisian "au-revoir" to a special friend.

Postcards from Paris--being sent your way!







17 comments:

  1. Aw, Debi - it reminds me of our quick day trip to Paris from London a few years ago. It was such a fun day for me and Alex! We were planning on heading to London again next week, but Alex has had a touch of a setback health wise and we think we should stick closer to home. We are heartbroken but hopefully will go another time. I hope you are having a wonderful week, my friend! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love your postcards from Paris. Gorgeous pics and the prefect way to spend a few days.
    I have Paris on my bucket list. lol
    Thank you so much for coming by and sending get well wishes for my son. I know he appreciates it as much as I do.
    I have missed you and was thinking of you the other day wondering how you were doing.
    Take care
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUI OUI OUI!!!!!!! Oh Paris, how I love THEE!

    Well, you really get around Europe, and you will never forget this special time of your life that you've had to do so! Thank you for sharing some very special photos here! When I lived in France, I took so many photos; when my husband finally met up with me there, we traveled up to Paris and we continued to take more pics ONLY TO FIND OUT that the card for our digital camera was not correctly formatted, so all the photos of PARIS are unreadable! AH! So that only means one thing: HE HAS TO TAKE ME BACK!

    Thank you so much for coming to visit me! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a gift with photography. Love all the post card scenes you catch. Makes me feel like I am there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gorgeous pictures! The pastels are lovely. I want to go to there! water damage Houston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debi , Awesome ,, I adore Paris , it is my favourite city , I was there a few weeks ago ,, thank you so much for sharing all your fabulous photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect day you had, Debi! You packed so much in, as always, and visited many favorite places. And you managed a photo in Laduree? Definitely a memorable trip.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good afternoon my dear! Merci for coming by and God is good; I know I am where HE wants me, so with all the new challenges before me, this is sure: He will give me all I need.

    Have a lovely week! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that there is a train that goes from London to Paris, it's so magical! (Trains being so much nicer than planes and all.)
    And I for one think that Galéries Lafayette is one of the happiest places on earth :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there my Texas/London friend! Thank you for coming over tonight! Yes, we are having our first real October weekend because we too here in Minnesota have had a looooong summer. Breezes are blowing my white curtains in the enclosed deck, making for an ethereal experience at night as we see them blowing from the French doors. Wishing you a gorgeous fall when it comes to you ! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you guys finished working in London? Coming back to Houston full time? I couldn't tell exactly. But, I did so enjoy the pics of Paris. What a life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi honey
    I hope everything is okay with you and that you have not stopped blogging.
    I miss you let me know how you are and where you are...lol
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Best Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag... Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  14. for the best and latest facebook cover photos, mix fruit fb covers, entertainment covers, party covers, natural fb covers, all type of fb covers
    www.uniquefbcovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. for the best and latest facebook cover photos, mix fruit fb covers, entertainment covers, party covers, natural fb covers, all type of fb covers
    www.uniquefbcovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
    EarningsClub.com

    ReplyDelete