Thursday, May 27, 2010

More of the Chelsea Flower Show


Under the large Pavilion at the annual Chelsea Flower Show, you find a rainbow of color. I was drawn, of course to the tulips. Other than the Keukenhof Tulip gardens in Holland, I've never seen so many beautiful and interesting varieties of tulips in one setting.






You can't beat these!


Other displays included gladiolas,


orchids,


and of course, roses.


The kind you dream about.


Did you know there were so many varieties of lavender?


Wish I could bottle the scent of the hyacinth display. I never knew they came in as many colors.


Assortment of daffodils


And I fell in love with the irises.


These brown ones in the show winning garden were interesting.


But my favorite flower of the show was this pink, almost peach, and lavender iris. 



Here's a close-up.


Not to be left out were the vegetables that were too pretty to eat!


I can't close without showing a couple of fashion icons in their "garden suits." Shoes to match, of course. The ladies were just as elegant, and absolutely posh--too many to photograph and show here, but you get the idea. Just summer evening garden party attire--guess I'll have to consider giving up the shorts and flip-flops when I'm invited to the countryside for a garden party here in England. More online at the Royal Horticulture Society's website if you're interested in seeing and learning more. 

19 comments:

  1. AMAZING! The flowers are so beautiful, they almost don't seem real, but then through your words and pictures, I get a scent of roses and realize they are as beautiful as they seem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Brits know how to do it!

    I guess you were not allowed to snip off a flower of your choice.
    I enlarged the picture at the very top of your post and was surprised to see that the edges of the tuplips looked as though they had been feathered. Stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Debi,
    These flowers are stunning! I always find it amazing event though we're surrounded by so many gorgeous things around us, nothing can compete with the perfect beauty of just one flower that the Lord has created. You look so pretty by the way!
    Wishing you a happy weekend and Memorial Day, even though we're not in the States!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, Debi! Looks like you wandered into "Flower Heaven"! So glad you and Mike got to enjoy this special event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it,
    you are a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark
    your blog and will eventually come back later in life.
    I want to encourage you continue your great work, have a nice evening!


    My web site ... diatomaceous earth weight loss ()

    ReplyDelete