Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Royal Wedding Countdown






I'm adding a Royal Wedding Countdown on the sidebar here, so the big event won't slip up on us! There are also updates, features, and current news brought to you by BBC that you can read simply by clicking on the arrow beside "Read More."

Today the British Butter London cosmetic company is featured on the gadget reporting on its new shade of nail polish called No More Waity, Katie, a "grayish blue and glitter-infused" color. You know you want some, don't you?


Other news that I am tracking for all of us who are keen on more details includes the government's consideration of a law that would insure that Kate and William's first born would be the heir, even if their first baby was a girl. 

Kate's family is taking over the rooms at the Goring Hotel on the wedding weekend, a mere 400 yards from Buckingham Palace, and it is expected that she will spend her last night there with her family before her wedding day. It's a beautiful hotel, family owned and with a traditional British flair. I can vouch for their afternoon tea--lovely!

Also, the official wedding china is being produced at Stoke on Trent as fast as it can be made. You can order it here from the Royal Collection website, but don't be in any hurry because due to an "unprecedented demand" orders may take 3 weeks to process. The tankard, the plate and the pill box are made of fine English bone china and adorned with the couple's initials, crown and wedding date. Typically the W for William would be on the top, but from what I've read, Catherine's "C" was moved to top billing to avoid any "WC" humor.


And who will design Kate's dress? Some are guessing Bruce Oldfield, a favorite of Princess Diana, and a British designer who has been dressing celebrities for 35 years. Kate, her mother and sister were seen visiting his Knightsbridge shop last month which has fueled the speculation that he could be the one. It is Kate's desire that the designer and the dress be a secret until her wedding day.

Stay tuned for more insights as they come along. It's a fascinating process watching the whole wedding unfold in such a relatively short time. Let's watch the countdown together as the days pass by.



15 comments:

  1. Oh, you are too clever...this is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting time to be living in London, with all the planning going on for the Royals. I saw that China on someone's blog yesterday and thought it was lovely.

    I'm ready to go to Switzerland too, what fun.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also read that William is going to wear a military uniform .. but has not decided which one yet ... RAF , Navy or Army .. As a serving Raf Officer he should not have a choice .. you're either in the Raf or your not ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be my Royal Wedding central....with all the up to the minute, "in the know" info...what fun. The Goring looks gorgeous. I am sure this will all fly by so fast....bring on the glamour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb- I am so.. loving all these bits of information about the wedding - I've never been to the Goring Hotel only walked past - I'm sure it's opulent inside. What a wonderful treat we have to look forward to - I love...love...love... weddings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to it too! A definite exciting time to be in London! Have a wonderful week! xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only 86 days?....It will go so quickly!! Thanks for being our "go-to" spot for Royal Wedding Fare!! It will be fun to watch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm good if you ever need to know how many weeks are left... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for this wedding! William and Kate are a beautiful couple. I was a teenager when Lady Diana married Prince Charles, and my mother and I woke up at five in the morning just to watch it. Thanks for doing the countdown, Debi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, a Houstonian! YAY! And one that's getting to spend time in London - double YAY! I would LOVE to have tea at he Goring! Clotted Cream for me scone, please! What a lovely adventure you're having, fellow Houstonian! Glad I found this blog! I can't wait to see Kate's dress!!!! Cheerio then!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun! And how exciting! Thank you for all this info and for the countdown – will be watching it for sure. Once again, you're bringing us a wonderful treat, Debi! – g

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the name of that nail polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are always in the know when it comes to these things! Thanks so much for keeping me up to date. I am getting quite excited too!

    Best wishes always,
    Natasha.

    PS Thank you for your sweet comments. You always make my day Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kate is a lovely young lady, and I am sure she will make a beautiful bride. Is the press treating her better than they did Diana?
    Does or did Kate have a job?

    ReplyDelete