Sunday, January 10, 2010

Little Things Make My Heart Sing




I treated myself to a little present a week ago. It was calling out to me on a blog that I now follow, and I just couldn't resist. As I opened it, I was fascinated by all the little details and care that went into showcasing a product so lovingly made.





Holding my purchase was a shimmery pink envelope tied up with sheer aqua French ribbon offset with a glittery signature tag.





The next layer inside was carefully wrapped in tissue paper and secured with such a sweet ribbon imprinted with little crowns.





My purchase was just as I imagined it. Four handmade Marie Antoinette note cards in the colors I'm a little obsessed with now: soft teal and red, with a little yellow mixed in.







Who will receive one of these note cards remains unknown just yet, but I have in mind to frame one or more of them. Maybe for my Marie Antoinette inspired bedroom?  We'll see where they end up.  Look how pretty the matching envelopes are.





And if that wasn't enough, Daisy of La Petite Plume included this note card as a bonus along with a new calendar. I just know we would be great friends--she shares my passion of all things French. Check out her blog and her online stationery shop. You just might find something you can't live without too.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes the best gifts are the little things we do for ourselves. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous. I popped over to the blog and etsy store, and I loved it all, then saw she follows my blog... I'm so lame I didn't even know it! Now I"m a follower.
    Thanks for the tip...

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Majesty,

    I am so honored that you have chosen to share your order of cards on your beautiful blog:)) I am even more happy to know just how much you like them. Nothing pleases me more than to see my work enjoyed this much!

    Merci my Queen for your purchase and now new friendship!! Extra bonus for me too:)

    Royal wishes,
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is amazing. The cards are so beautiful. What a treasure to find!!!!

    It fills my heart with a dream to be able to create such art and then share it with such humility, as Daisy has.

    I am off to check out the etsy store... I love etsy!

    ReplyDelete