Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Les Mis To Be Filmed


If you haven't heard before now, Les Mis is currently being developed into a major motion picture by Cameron Mackintosh, and a few key decisions about casting and production have recently been announced.


Daily Mail

The only confirmed cast member is Hugh Jackman who will recreate the role of the central character, Jean Valjean. It has been leaked that Paul Bettany and Russell Crowe are both being considered for the role of Javert, but that announcement has not been made.

Broadway World has announced that according to reliable sources, Anne Hathaway will take on the role of Fantine, but that has not been confirmed as of yet. It would be an interesting combination, and supposedly, Jackman has pushed for Anne Hathaway to get the coveted role.

The film will be directed by Tom Hooper who most recently won an Oscar for "The King's Speech" this year. Filming is to begin in February, 2012 in the UK, so you can bet that I'll keep my ear to the ground to see where any action might be taking place and report anything I see.

Is Les Mis one of your favorite musicals of all time like it is mine?

4 comments:

  1. What a cast this will be. So happy to hear this.
    I've been locked in a closet I guess as I hadn't heard anything about the film. What a summer we've had in Texas, haven't we? xx's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les Mis is my favorite show of all time. I first saw it about 25 years ago (I think) in Melbourne and subsequently in London. Hugh Jackman is a perfect lead. I hope the movie does the plot and the music justice.
    I also saw Beauty & The Beast live in Melbourne with a very young Hugh Jackman playing Gaston. Must have been one of his first big stage performances. He certainly made an impact then and as gone far since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband adores Les Mis. I do like it but have other top favorites, like Phantom and Chess. Hmm, Hugh Jackman, I guess he will be fine, he's so talented. I have to say Anne Hathaway wouldn't be my first choice. What about a French actress? At any rate, I'm sure it will be terrific. Thanks as always for the news! – g

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyy!!! Les Mis makes me happily think of all of you. Please keep your eyes peeled for Hugh Jackman for me, but if he's tiny in person like the rest of Hollywood, please keep that part to yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete